Over the past month I have learned a lot of interesting and fascinating things.
- Babies can go from zero to 90 in a matter of seconds.
One moment Lane will be laying peacefully asleep and the next he’ll be crying his head off… only to be cooing and giggling a few seconds later.
- Poops come in all colors, smells, and can sneak up on you at any time of the day.
It really doesn’t matter when Lane had eaten, when he’s ready to poop he will. The sneaky thing is, some times it’s just a fart that sounds and smells like he destroyed his diaper.
- When people tell you that you’re not going to sleep much (or at all) during the first weeks of your babies life, they mean it.
We have battled with Lane at all hours of the day trying to get him to sleep. Battling with a baby takes time, and takes away from sleeping.
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to beds, pillows, bottles, formula, etc.
In the past month Lane has had no less than 4 types of nipples/bottles, 5 different apparatuses to sleep in, and 3 types of formula. In addition to that some 0-3 month onesies fit while others are snug.
- You can’t spoil a newborn.
It doesn’t matter how much I hold Lane, if I put him down and he starts to cry or whimper again, I’ll snatch him back up. Holding my son never gets old.
- You can’t get too comfortable with the way things are.
Some nights he likes pajamas other nights he doesn’t. One day he’ll love taking a bath the next day he hates it. Just because he enjoyed something once doesn’t mean he will again. He, like his mom and I are constantly learning and changing.
The list could go on and on. I’ve learned a lot about myself and how a child so small can have an enormous impact on my life. Jess and I are all that Lane has. He came in to this world a month ago not having any idea what was going on. He could never comprehend life outside the womb and everything he knows or has learned so far has been by us. I can’t wait until the 2 months, 10 months, 5 years, etc. Just to watch this little guy grow and learn is just a wonderful process. He has changed my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Happy one month birthday my son!